Graber i3 Tutorial - Finished !2017-01-30
[ Graber 3D Printing DIY 3D Printer ]
3D printing, also known as additive manufacturing (AM), refers to various processes used to synthesize a three-dimensional object. In 3D printing, successive layers of material are formed under computer control to create an object.
After this Wikipedia preview we can start work !
- Files for the laser cut - graber_lasercut
- Bill of Materials
- Where and what buy:
- RAMPS (electronic, China) - Big screen - Small screen
- A4988 (electronic, China, some of drivers can screw up) - Here
- Hotend (extruder, China) - Here
- MK8 (extruder, China) - Here
- Cooler (extruder, China) - Here
- HeatBed (extruder, China) - Here
- Gear and Belt (to X and Y axis, China) - Here
- Endstop (X,Y and Z axis, China. Not tested yet !) - Here
Ok, the total price is:
|Gear and Belt||1||5|
|Endstop||3 to 6||0.37|
- Ok, now in Brazil:
|MDF 6mm (810 x 460mm)||1||25|
The total of everything is R$ 601 (Reais) or $ 151 (Dolar).
We need 3 kinds of software (ITS FREE):
- The Slicer
- Converts the model into a series of thin layers and produces a G-code file containing instructions tailored to a specific type of 3D printer. This G-code file can then be printed with 3D printing client software (which loads the G-code, and uses it to instruct the 3D printer during the 3D printing process).
- The graphical interface - Pronterface - Repetier
- Interface to communicate and use the 3D printer.
- Firmware for RAMPS - All of them (I am using Marlin)
- Software to burn the Arduino Mega.
Where am I ? Now I am making some moving testes of the axis, speed and acceleration. Until now everything is ok, just need to finish the extruder and start to print !
It's working !
After some time in Campinas-SP (Brazil) doing my internship on Intel, doing some cool stuffs, I am back to my city and my 3d printer .
Willian (The guy with the cool blog in the top header) was working with his own 3d printer and have done a extruder to me (You can see the photos below). After one day wiring the things and some tests, the printer is alive !
To make your printer a cool IoT device, add a respberry with Arch linus, wi-fi adapter and Octoprint to print and view the progress in your browser in computer or cellphone.